Live Healthy Kankakee County
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Live Healthy Kankakee County in conjunction with the Life Education Centers of I-KAN are sponsoring a Rethink Your Drink contest for 6th graders in Kankakee and Iroquois county schools.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Sugar-Sweetened Beverages are the largest source of added sugar in the American diet, and contribute to obesity and other chronic health conditions.
*The purpose of this contest is to encourage students to make healthy beverage choices.*
General Contest Information:
Students may submit a 30 second video through the livehealthykankakeecounty.org website The video should be an original public service announcement promoting healthy beverage choices
- The contest is open to all 6th graders in Kankakee and Iroquois County Schools
- Deadline for submission is May 31, 2016.
- All video submissions must include the phrase “Rethink Your Drink”
A first, second, and third place winner will be selected
- 1st place will receive a bicycle and a one year family membership to the Kankakee YMCA
- 2nd place will receive a Fitbit® and a one year family membership to the Kankakee YMCA
- 3rd place will receive an activity basket and a one year family membership to the Kankakee YMCA
For additional information on Rethink Your Drink go to www.cdc.gov
****Winners will be announced the week of May 18th on the Kankakee YMCA Facebook page. A list of the winners will also be sent to participating students’ schools.*****